If you haven't yet considered adding video to your marketing strategy, it might be time to start. Video rental may no longer be a viable business, but video is having a huge impact on Internet advertising. From all the benefits of video accorsing to small business research, it seems the number one reason video is not considered as a small business promotion tactic is cost.
Well, you may find video producers that charge thousands of dollars for a full-blown five minute custom on-site video, but is all that production really necessary? If you could get high-quality videos at a small fraction of that cost, it might be something you should consider, for the following reasons;
1) Everyone likes video. Chances are visitors to your site may not read your posts from start to finish, but it is likely they will watch an entire one-minute video.
2) Video builds trust. Instead of producing a feature-based video on how great all of the benefits of your products or services are, consider a review-type video that displays one of the 5-star reviews your company has received. This type of video will definitely rank on Google in a search for your company name. It may also rank on a more general local search, depending on the competitiveness of your local niche.
3) Video is universal. Video can be used in ways you may not have considered. You can not only add video to your website and your YouTube channel, you can add it as a link in your email, on your Facebook page, on LinkedIn, as well as on various other social media sites.
4) Video is highly searchable. Look at all the Google searchers that return video results on desktop as well as mobile searches. The numbers are staggering!
5) Video is highly sharable. Video views on Facebook alone number over 4 billion per day. That is more than half of the world population viewing videos on a daily basis! Source: PCWorld
6) Video gives you the "wow" factor. When prospects see your videos, they automatically assume your business is a successful and substantial one. No one would spend the time and effort to produce a video for a company that was barely getting by. It is not just a status factor, video is something that earns customer respect.
7) Video can be used to inspire and educate, not only to entertain. If you feel strongly about your small business, you can let people know about it. It can be a simple belief in small, or family owned business, or something motivational. Your video doesn't have to go viral, it just has to have a clear message that resonates with your customers.
8) Videos set you apart from your competition. If video marketing is not that popular in your niche, it will allow you to rise above your competition. If no one in your local market is doing video, you will have a big advantage over your competitors.
9) Video allows for greater interaction. People love to comment on videos. You can get multiple reviews from a single video, and multiply the benefit of a single citation.
10) Video stimulates the "buy" trigger. Everyone loves to save time. If you get your message across in one minute, you have done an effective job of stimulating the "buy" trigger in the mind of your prospect.
Visit Goldfinch Digital Marketing for your free in-depth consultation on how video and social media can help your local business.
Alan Zibluk Market Hive Founding Member